Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

20101019

Uh oh, She doesn't fit!

I have encountered a first… last night’s wedding wasn’t mine but I was around to help the coordinator who was in charge. As usual, the bride was appearing to be “fashionably late” so we were all just roaming around the hotel on stand-by. The time seems to be growing far past the fashionably late time frame so we call the ladies’ room again to check on them. Their coordinator tells me to grab my emergency bridal kit and meet her up stairs in the bride’s suite. I walk in the door and see that the beautiful bride is all set to go down the aisle but to her left is a slightly larger, half-dressed bridesmaid. (Who undoubtedly thought maybe she would lose more weight before the wedding…) Her dress was entirely too small! I don’t mean just by one size either, we’re talking by 2 or 3. The girl’s have broken the zipper in their attempts to remedy the situation. I pull out my kit to save the day! I have super glue, safety pins, a sewing kit, zip ties, everything short of a tub of grease and a roll of cellophane. I found there was another layer underneath that was about the same color as the outer layer so I cut out a large section of it. I safety pinned and super glued it in between the gaping hole and although I’m not sure how she’s going to get out of it, it appears to be working. She also had a sash that was supposed to tie around the waist which I turned into a bow and placed it on the back so it covered most of the “altered” area. Unfortunately, I wasn’t around for the reception so I can’t say for certain if she busted out of it at any point or not. BUT I can tell you, I did a fine job with what I had to work with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment