Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

20101026

My wedding trumps... your cold.

Death has warmed over and it's sitting in my nose, chest and throat in the form of a terrible cold. Unfortunately, the wedding planning business does not come with the luxury of sick days. We are given lots of them, with no time to take them! I've arrived at work at 11am and directly following pressing the power button on my computer, I load up with Vitamin C, Antibiotics, Zinc and Tylenol Cold. Surely this will do the trick! I have a couple tastings scheduled today and I plan to excuse myself from sitting with them while they eat (in efforts to avoid contaminating their meal). My first tasting is here and they can clearly see that I am in ill-spirits. Somehow, this does not deter them from the ramped question asking. I take them up to the restaurant and try to excuse myself, as planned. As not planned, they completely ignore my plea to leave and continue asking questions! Meanwhile, I'm getting stuffier and stuffier and if they don't allow to me to remove myself from the table, somebody will be getting in their napkin what is in my nose! It's now time for my second tasting but this time before they can even get their first word out; I let them know they are going to be going at it alone today. I do have a wedding today and I'm feeling thankful that they're a very easy couple. Not sure I would respond well to a day full of commands in my condition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment