Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

20110227

Kharma baby!

Today starts as usual at 11am and even though I have a wedding today, I am expecting all to be pretty uneventful. Aside from the bridal party being a bit loud and disorderly (by way of alcohol consumption) at the rehearsal last night, they have been pretty laid back and easy to work with. Setting up the ballroom was quick and easy with just a couple small dollar store decorations and tea light candles to put on each table. Some time has passed and we are now 30 minutes away from "Go Time". I just received a call on the radio saying my bride has an emergency and needs me to go to her room ASAP. I make my way to a room empty of a bride and full of disgruntled bridesmaids. One bridesmaid, (bride's sister) who is not in her gown and is instead in jeans and a tank, brushes past me whilst yelling "I have apparently ruined the wedding, forget her! I am out of here"! It is explained to me our rogue bridesmaid does not fit in her dress and the bride has decided it's an issue worth calling off the wedding. She herself is refusing to get in her own gown. It takes me just a few minutes to hunt down the bride and talk her into moving on with the wedding, minus a maid. I now have everyone dressed and where I need them to be. I take the groom and his men to the ceremony site to unfortunately find our "jeans and tank top bridesmaid" loudly discussing a bit too many details with the wedding guests. None the less, the ceremony rolls on and a married couple is produced!

Now onto the reception: I am helping the DJ line up the bridal party to be introduced and my rogue bridesmaid pops in line. The bride allows her to get introduced with the rest of the gang. STILL in her skin tight jeans and tank top with the word "DIVA" bejeweled across the breast! I give them some space while they get their first dance out of the way and dinner started. I head back about an hour later to say Good bye and I find out the Bride has left to change into another dress, Wardrobe change! Just as I am heading back out the door my Diva tanked bridesmaid whales around the corner telling every one in passing that she doesn't feel so bad now. Just as I begin to ask the meaning... my bride appears in her same wedding gown. As Kharma would see fit, her dress did not!

0 comments:

Post a Comment